Effective Teaching and Learning Practices to Increase Instructional Time and Student Engagement
November 16 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm CST$100
This workshop will focus on research-based practices that increase the likelihood of appropriate behavior, decrease inappropriate behavior, and increase academic instructional time for all students through setting up a positive classroom environment. Participants will discuss setting up clear classroom expectations and rules, creating procedures and routines, active supervision skills, and more! This training is focused on the MO SW-PBS 8 Effective Teaching and Learning Practices (ETLP) and is designed for classroom teachers.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Explain to others the power of positive and proactive strategies in establishing an effective classroom learning environment
- Clarify expectations & procedures for their classroom
- Understand and be able to demonstrate methods to encourage expected behavior
- Understand and be able to demonstrate methods to discourage inappropriate behavior
- Demonstrate active supervision of the classroom
Cost: Free to participating SW-PBS Schools; $80/person with RPDC Membership; $100/person for non-participating, non-member
Audience: Classroom Teachers, Administrators, Instructional Coaches
Professional Development: 6 units
Do you have a business-building event that should be added?
*We reserve the right to publish events on an individual basis. All events must be business related, non-sales with a focus on educating and benefiting the business community.