There are a wealth of professional development and learning experiences available in the Kansas City metro. Check out the UMKC TalentLink calendar below to find your next workshop, class, and/or training event. You can also review a listing of Bloch Executive Education events, or entrepreneurship related programming.
May 12 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$495
In this workshop, you will learn how to work with, develop, and present budgets aligned with business strategic goals. Working in groups, you’ll gather the information you need to construct and analyze operating budgets. You’ll practice evaluating and revising your budget to increase its chances of acceptance. This is your opportunity to gain the tools and insights to craft the budget your company needs to overcome obstacles and achieve success.
- Understand the definition, purpose, and components of a budget
- Overview of the planning and budgeting process
- Accurately develop an operating budget based on forecasted sales, revenues, and costs
- Work with a well-planned budget that clearly highlights crucial variables that impact profit
- Know the line items on the income statement, including their metrics and interdependencies
- Define and analyze variances so you can quickly implement changes to meet your company’s financial objectives
- Develop and present a well-thought-out budget that will get buy-in
- Keep your plan on target with budgetary controls
- Learn the difference between operating budget vs. capital budget
- Address issues and challenges when dealing with assumptions and targets
- Organize and deliver your operating budget for feedback and final approval
- Obtain tips, guidelines, and recommendations for developing and presenting your budget
- Know exactly which variances to address to plan for next year’s budget
Who Should Attend
Managers and anyone with budget responsibilities who are interested in developing or improving their budget planning skills.
About the Instructor
William Kay is an instructor for Bloch Executive Education, and owner of W. Kay & Associates, dedicated to helping organizations and individuals enhance their competitiveness, productivity, and technological performance. For the past 24 years, Bill has specialized in assisting businesses in the quest to improve performance in the areas of strategic planning, finance and accounting, project management, marketing, sales and sales management, and team building following the accelerated learning model for adult learning. Bill’s professional experience includes over 20 years as CEO and owner of a major manufacturing company and the past 24 years helping major Fortune 500 companies and universities with organizational development and training. Bill holds an M.B.A. in Finance and Marketing from the University of Missouri, Columbia, and a B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Arizona, Tucson.
Are you a UMKC Alum or KCRAR member? You qualify for a discount! Contact us at email@example.com or 816-235-6259 to take advantage of discounted rates.
Time, Location, Parking
All seminars are held in Bloch Executive Hall. Our address is 5108 Cherry Street, Kansas City, MO 64110. You will be mailed a parking pass for the day of your seminar a week prior to the session. Parking instructions will be included in the mailing.
Two weeks before the session, you will receive an email with details including any pre-work assignments (such as short readings or videos that instructors may ask you to complete prior to the session).
Light breakfast and coffee will be available at the beginning of the event and lunch will be provided.
Photo & Video Policy
By attending the event, you are giving the Bloch School of Management permission to use any photos, videos, or images captured on site for future promotional purposes.
Cancellation & Transfer Policy
Seminar participants (or their organizational representative) should call or email Bloch Executive Education in order to change or cancel registrations. Cancellations made prior to 7 days from the seminar date are eligible for credit towards a future seminar, but are ineligible for refund. Credit for future seminar is valid through the following seminar year. Seminar registrations may be transferred from individual to another up to 7 days before any elected seminar. Cancellations made within 7 days from the seminar date are non-transferable and non-refundable. Bloch Executive Education reserves the right to make changes to the cancellation policy and transfer policy. The current policies will be posted on our website and will be observed regardless of previous policies or standards. “No-shows” are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Looking for customized training solutions? UMKC TalentLink has you covered there too.