The needs of the Kansas City workforce are changing.
While individuals and organizations within our community have made great strides in job growth and cultivating innovation, we have yet to reach our potential.
As an urban-serving, public research university, UMKC is uniquely positioned to meet these needs. While we serve traditional and non-traditional students in credit-bearing education, we know there’s a distinct need for continuing education.
UMKC TalentLink is the answer.
UMKC TalentLink connects the Kansas City region to talent development programs and services.
UMKC TalentLink serves the region as Kansas City’s talent developer.
Through upskilling and reskilling the existing Kansas City workforce to creating professional development opportunities for aspiring talent, we will help all thrive in a changing workplace.
Powered by UMKC TalentLink
Programs and services that UMKC TalentLink powers are held to these standards:
- A promise to offer professional development opportunities built upon the resources and rigor of UMKC
- A commitment to help build regional prosperity
- A guarantee to develop skilled workers who will foster growth in Kansas City
We do it through:
- Access to top research and best practices
- Ease of access to classes, either online or in person
- Specific courses that focus on hard- and soft-skill development
- Built-in relationships with top Kansas City-based companies that have local, regional and global reach